Please remember that the Library is for the use of all members of the College, and you should not disturb others by your behaviour. Please be aware of the following regulations for use of the Library.
- The Library is a strict no smoking area.
- Do not bring any food or drink (with the exception of bottled water) into the Junior Library.
- Do not bring non-members of Oriel into the Library without permission of the Librarian or Assistant Librarian.
- Use of mobile phones in the Library is not permitted; they must be turned off before you enter the Library. It disturbs other readers if you rush out to take a call, and the ringing/beeping tones (even for text messages) are intrusive.
- You must check out each book borrowed from the Library, either electronically, or by filling in a slip for it.
- There are desks in the Library for study and reading, but it is not permitted for students to reserve places, and any personal belongings will be removed to the lost property box on the Library stairs. If you wish to leave a pile of library books undisturbed for a few days, please use one of the official "Do not remove" notices, and record your name and the date on it. Otherwise, the library books will be re-shelved.
- No food, drink or water is to be taken into the Senior Library, and it is a silent area. On no account must the books on the shelves be handled without referring to staff. It should be pointed out that an alarm system is in operation. Please do not leave personal belongings behind when you leave.