Oriel Choir Release Christmas CD
The College Choir has recorded a new CD of music for the festive season, which is now available to buy in College from Director of Music David Maw.
The CD, Lumen de lumine: Music for the Christmas Season, was recorded at the end of Hilary Term last year, and features twenty-three tracks of seasonal choral music, including some classic carols.
College members can purchase copies of the CD from David Maw (email@example.com) for £10 per copy (cash or cheque made payable to Oriel College). For £15, you can buy one copy each of Lumen de lumine and A Celebrtion of Candlemas, which was recorded by the Choir in 2007.
Those not based in College can order a copy online via OxRecs Digital for £10.95 including postage and packaging.
There will be a launch event in College from 4pm - 5.15pm on Friday 24th November, and College members are welcome to join Director of Music David Maw and members of the Choir for mulled wine and mince pies in the Large SCR (soft drinks will also be available). If you would like to attend, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to help get an idea of numbers.
1. Come thou long-expected Jesus (Stainer arr. David Maw)
2. I waited for the Lord (Felix Mendelssohn)
3. A tender shoot (Otto Goldschmidt)
4. The Holly and the Ivy (arr. Maw)
5. Rhapsodie sur des Noëls [organ] (Eugène Gigout)
6. Ding dong! Merrily on high (arr. Sir David Willcocks)
7. God rest ye merry, gentlemen (arr. Kenneth Hesketh)
8. Adeste fideles (J F Wade arr. Vincent Novello)
9. From heaven above came Angels [organ] (Marcel Dupré)
10. I saw three ships (arr. Maw)
11. O magnum mysterium (Tomás Luis de Victoria)
12. Noël étranger [organ] (Louis-Claude Daquin)
13. Omnes de Saba (Orlando di Lasso)
14. Past three o’clock (arr. Sir Charles Wood)
15. Noël landais [organ] (Ermend Bonnal)
16. Tribus miraculis (Luca Marenzio)
17. Sing lullaby (arr. Willcocks)
18. Herr Gott, nun schleuß, BWV 617 [organ] (J S Bach)
19. Oriel Magnificat (Judith Bingham)
20. Canticum Simeonis (František Tůma)
21. Senex puerum portabat (William Byrd)
22. Hail, gladdening light! (Sir Charles Wood)
23. Lumen ad revelationem, Op 48 No 6 [organ] (Dupré)