Temporary Food Provision
As a result of this much needed restoration, temporary catering provisions have been put in place. The new catering provision also allows for the social distancing requirements that are in place in all social settings due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Please be aware that all services and opening times of the services are subject to change at short notice dependent upon the prevailing circumstances.
This page will be updated once we have a confirmed re-opening date for the Hall.
The College’s self-catering facilities have been improved and expanded upon in order to give students the opportunity to prepare their own food. Please ensure you bring with you all the necessary crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils that you will require to self-cater. We ask that students only use their allocated kitchens.
- To supplement the self-catering provision, the College Bar in Front Quad will be open for a selection of takeaway food items at lunch time and supper time from Monday to Friday during term time. It is not possible to eat indoors at this time due to COVID restrictions, but a large outdoor seating areais available outside the Bar for College members to use (rule of 6 applies).
- Please use the Meal Booking System (MBS) if you would like to use the takeaway service in order to give us an indication of the demand. The MBS can be accessed here.
- Please ensure that you wear a face covering when using this facility and ensure social distancing when queueing.
Meals and Times
During Trinity term, the following meals are and will be available from the Bar to take away:
There is no breakfast provision at the moment and students should make use of their allocated kitchens.
Takeaway'lunch, with a variety of hot and cold food, is available in the Bar from 12.45pm until 2.00pm Monday – Friday.
Students need to book for ‘takeaway’ lunch via the online Meal Booking System.
Takeaway supper, with a variety of hot and cold food, is available in the Bar from 5.30pm until 6.45pm Monday-Friday.
Students need to book for takeaway supper via the online Meal Booking System.
The College Bar is now open for outdoor table service only and will serve a variety of snack items and range of drinks. Opening hours are:
- 8.30am - 2.30pm - table service and cafe bar
- 7.00pm - 11.00pm - evening bar
The College asks all Bar users to be respectful of the fact that your fellows students with bedrooms in 1st and 2nd quad may be studying for exams, so please be quiet between 10.00pm – 11.00pm while using the Bar.
Please note that the rule of 6 applies to all those wishing to make use of these facilities.