Dr Le Page earned a Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Mechanical Engineering from Victoria University, Australia, with a specialisation in thermodynamics and fluid mechanics. He also holds a Doctor of Philosophy in Aerospace Engineering, investigating hypersonic separated flows using advanced laser diagnostics. Dr Le Page also has industry expertise, having previously worked as a powertrain evaluation engineer at the Toyota Technical Centre, Australia. In this role, he conducted field testing and contributed to the development of prototype engine and emission control systems.
Dr Le Page’s research interests include non-equilibrium aerothermodynamics, high-speed flow physics, laser-based diagnostics and combustion chemical kinetics for alternative fuels and future energy systems
- Laurent M. Le Page, and Sean O’Byrne, An Adaptive Sampling Algorithm for Doppler-shift Fluorescence Velocimetry in High-Speed Flows, Journal of Quantitative Spectroscopy and Radiative Transfer, vol. 190, pp. 69-77, 2017.
- Ram Prakash, Laurent M. Le Page, Liam P. McQuellin, Sudhir L. Gai, and Sean O’Byrne, Direct simulation Monte Carlo computations and experiments on leading-edge separation in rarefied hypersonic flow, Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 879, pp. 633-681, 2019.
- Laurent M. Le Page, Matthew Barrett, Sean O’Byrne, and Sudhir L. Gai, Laser-induced fluorescence velocimetry for a hypersonic leading-edge separation, Physics of Fluids Journal, vol.
32, pp.0361031-14, 2020.
- Christopher Willman, Laurent M. Le Page, Benjamin A.O. Williams, and Paul Ewart, Pressure measurement in gas flows using laser-induced grating lifetime, Applied Optics Journal, vol. 16, issue 15, pp. C131-C141, 2021.
- Odi Fawwaz Alrebei, Laurent M. Le Page, Sally Hewlett, Abdulkarem Amahmed, Recalibration
of Carbon-Free NH3/H2 Fuel Blend Process: Qatar’s roadmap for blue ammonia, International
Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol,48, no.35, 2023.
- Priyav Shah, Laurent M. Le Page, and Benjamin A. O. Williams, Development and characterisation
of PILOT: A transportable instrument for laser-induced grating spectroscopy, Optics
Express Journal, vol. 31, no. 4, pp.5872-5881, 2023.
- Imran Naved, Tobias Hermann, Laurent M. Le Page, Marc Ewenz Rocher, Chris Hambidge, Luke
Doherty, Matthew McGilvray, Madeleine Grossman, and Luc Vandeperre, Heat transfer measurements of a transpiration cooled stagnation point in transient hypersonic flow, Journal of Thermophysics and Heat Transfer, vol.36, issue 4, pp.1-13, 2022