Humanities Residential Programme for Year 12 Students
The programme aims to support Year 12 students from non-selective state schools in our linked regions of Worcestershire, Herefordshire and the wider West Midlands who are considering degrees in the humanities at highly selective universities like the University of Oxford. During the residential, participants will have access to subject sessions, applications workshops covering personal statements and interviews, and a visit to one of Oxford’s museums. For the duration of the residential, participants will have the opportunity to stay in student bedrooms on our main college site in the heart of Oxford.
All expenses (accommodation at Oriel, meals, and activities) are funded thanks to the generosity of an Oriel alumnus and travel costs will also be reimbursed.
If you have any questions about the programme, please email the Outreach Officer, Arron O’Connor, via email@example.com.
Who can Apply?
If you'd like to take part in our Year 12 Humanities Residential, please make sure you satisfy all of the following criteria. You must be:
- Currently in Year 12 at a UK state school in Worcestershire, Herefordshire or the West Midlands
- Predicted A-Level grades equivalent to the University of Oxford's standard offer for the relevant course (see the university website for full details)
- Interested in studying a subject in the humanities at degree level (such as Classics, English, History, Archaeology, Linguistics)
Previous programmes have been oversubscribed, so applications will also be prioritised based on the following criteria:
- Studying at a non-selective (comprehensive) state school
- Studying at a school with limited history of progression to Oxbridge
- Home postcode with a limited history of progression to HE (POLAR-3)
- Home postcode in ACORN category 4 or 5, or POLAR quintiles 1 or 2
- Receipt of Free School Meals/Pupil Premium
Applicants are also welcome to notify us of any other relevant personal circumstances in the sign-up form.
How to Apply
Please complete the sign-up form in full. The closing date for applications is midday on Wednesday 27th July.