Skip Navigation Skip to Content Skip to Footer

Getting married at Oriel

Find out more

Please contact the Chaplain between nine and twelve months in advance of the proposed date of the service and he will be pleased to discuss the possibility.

A wedding is a public service and would normally take place in your local parish church. Weddings in Chapel are at the discretion of the Chaplain who will require a letter from your local vicar. There is also a legal process to obtain permission – a ‘Special Licence’ – from the Archbishop of Canterbury.

Please be advised that a date will not be confirmed more than a year in advance.

Weddings are conducted according to the rites of the Church of England.

It is possible for public rooms in the College to be hired for drinks after the service or for a wedding reception. To learn more, please contact the Chaplain.

Useful information about planning a Christian wedding can be found here.

Contact the Chaplain

further information