Oriel College Data Protection and Privacy Notice
This general Privacy Notice explains how to access information about how Oriel College collects and treats data, and contains links to all of our applicable privacy notices.
Oriel College is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal data.
To obtain a full picture of how your data is treated by the College, please read the relevant privacy notices:
- Website Privacy Notice
- Cookies Notice
- Privacy Notice: Alumni, Donors and Supporters
- CCTV Code of Practice
What is your personal data and how does the law regulate our use of it?
“Personal data” is information relating to you as a living, identifiable individual. We refer to this as “your data”.
Data protection law requires Oriel College as data controller for your data:
- To process your data in a lawful, fair and transparent way;
- To only collect your data for explicit and legitimate purposes;
- To only collect data that is relevant, and limited to the purpose(s) we have told you about;
- To ensure that your data is accurate and up to date;
- To ensure that your data is only kept as long as necessary for the purpose(s) we have told you about;
- To ensure that appropriate security measures are used to protect your data.
Oriel College’s Contact Details
If you need to contact us about your data, please contact the Data Protection Officer: email@example.com or Data Protection Officer, Oriel College, Oriel Square, Oxford, OX1 4EW.