Oriel’s Outreach Officer, India, visits schools on a regular basis. Past visits have included (but are not limited to) the following activities:
- General talks about Oxford and/or Higher Education
- Exhibiting at HE/Careers Fairs
- Parents' information evenings
- Pre-application workshops: personal statements/interviews/admissions tests
- Academic taster sessions
- Staff training (Oxbridge admissions/reference writing/personal statements etc)
Please contact India (email@example.com) to make all bookings.
Visits to Oriel
India also welcomes school groups to Oriel. Visits normally include:
- A tour of the Oriel
- An undergraduate Q&A panel
- Admissions information
- Academic taster session(s)
- Lunch in Oriel’s dining hall
Programmes are designed according to year group and can be built around your school's needs. For example, Year 11s explore A-Level choice and subsequent course options at Oxford University; Year 12s focus on specific course choices and admissions information; and KS3 students explore what going to university means and what it might be like to come to somewhere like Oxford. In 2017-18, the college hosted visiting groups from Years 6 to 12.
Oriel’s outreach programme supports potential applicants from schools and areas that are currently under-represented at Oxford. School visits are reserved for state schools (with priority given to non-selective/comprehensive schools) in Oriel's linked local authorities of Dudley, Kensington and Chelsea, Richmond upon Thames, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Worcestershire. Please contact India (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange any kind of school visit, or if you are a student who would like to arrange an alternative visit.