The Sir Walter Raleigh Scholarship is an award of £4,000 and is tenable in Oriel College by one student reading for the degree of Master of Science in Environmental Change and Management at the Environmental Change Institute (ECI) in the University of Oxford. The Scholarship is usually awarded annually.
The selection criteria for the Scholarship are:
- Academic achievement and potential
- Breadth of vision
- Career aspirations and commitment
- Global orientation
- Potential as Leader/Agent/Manager of Change
- Multi-disciplinary training in relevant fields prior to graduation (vacation jobs etc)
- Range and depth of experience relevant to the MSc course
Status: Open for applications
Any person wishing to be considered for this award should follow the application procedure for admission to the degree of Master of Science in Environmental Change and Management at Oxford University, nominating Colleges of preference as detailed in the application procedure.
They must, additionally, complete a separate application form which will be made available to them once in receipt of a place on the MSc, and submit this to the College by the deadline (end of May each year).