36.5 hours per week
Oriel College has been a home for learning and teaching for almost 700 years and is part of the wider collegiate system of the prestigious University of Oxford.
The Head of Communications is a core, high-profile position and plays a vital role in helping the College achieve its strategic goals and further communicate the stellar achievements and future aspirations for the Oriel community.
The successful post-holder will be responsible for leading on strategic, consistent, and effective external and internal communications. Leading a small team, your work will help raise Oriel’s profile to a wider public, outside of the academic community.
We are seeking an energetic and talented communicator who will help the community in College, including current students, Fellows and staff, to broadcast Oriel’s profile to a wide range of audiences. We are looking for smart, engaging and imaginative ways to articulate the Oriel brand.
This role offers the opportunity to lead a small, dedicated, communications team on varied projects to capture and communicate the full experience of College life across diverse media and with all of the College’s stakeholders.
The post-holder will have the opportunity to refresh and implement an ambitious communications strategy to enable Oriel to meet its strategic goals. This role is supported by a Communications Assistant and an Alumni Communications Officer, and these posts together comprise the College’s communications team. The Head of Communications will report directly to the Provost, with whom the team will work closely. Day-to-day oversight is provided by the Development Director.
- Proven experience of creating and implementing a successful communications strategy for an organisation with an international reputation.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, including the ability to write and publish compelling, relevant, and high-quality content for a range of audiences and channels.
- Excellent PR and media skills.
- Excellent knowledge of making best use of the full range of communications, technology, media, and platforms.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to evaluate quantitative impact and adjust strategy accordingly.
- Evidence of experience leading a busy team.
- Knowledge and understanding of the UK higher education sector.
- Educated to degree level.
- Good knowledge of data protection and copyright.
How To Apply
- For more details, please contact Joshua Gray on firstname.lastname@example.org
- To apply, please send your CV and Covering Letter to Joshua Gray via the portal on this webpage: https://www.ellwoodatfield.com/job/Head-of-Communications-JG-2302-8861 .
- The deadline for applications is 12.00, 02 March.
You can contact the Director of Development, Marco Zhang, on email@example.com for an informal chat about the role.
Oriel College is an equal opportunities employer.