Hours: 40 hours per week
Supervised by: Head Chef / Sous Chef / Chef de Partie.
Job Contribution: by helping to provide an excellent service of food and drink for the SCR, students, staff and conference guests you contribute to the good teamwork in the Kitchen and to the successful performance of its key tasks.
- Cleaning up of all kitchen areas and washing up and helping serve food to customers
- Preparation of food as instructed by the Head Chef / Sous Chefs / Chefs
- Preparation of vegetables and salads and some cooking and serving of Food
- Working as a member of a team in order to share tasks in the Kitchen to achieve the best possible outcome; in particular, covering holidays and sickness as rostered by the Head Chef, and if necessary, helping other departments
- Ensure your actions minimise risks to Health and Safety, by:
- Reporting promptly to your supervisor any health and safety hazards
- Working safely and obeying all College safety rules as set out in the Staff Handbook
- Ensuring that waste is disposed of correctly
Qualities, Experience and Qualifications required:
- NVQ level 1 Certificate in Basic Hygiene
- Health and Safety
- Food Allergen certificate
- Excellent verbal communication and strong customer service skills
- Clean smart appearance, friendly and professional approach, with an interest in food
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and self-motivation
- Excellent team player
Please note: on the job training will be provided.
How to Apply
To apply for this role please download, fill out and submit an application form and equal opportunities monitoring form and send alongside a copy of your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 26th July 2023
The College exists to promote excellence in education and research and is actively committed to the principle of equality of opportunity for all suitably qualified candidates.